Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Redskins Predictions = FAIL




Way back on September 7th, 2009 I wrote a post about my predictions for the upcoming Redskins season. Looking back I have to ask myself one question "what are you smoking?" I did make the comment that I shouldn't post the predictions because I'm very superstitious and by posting them I'm probably going to screw them all up...I should have listened to myself. Here's a look back at the disaster that was "Fatpickle's Fearless Redskins Predictions."


The Redskins will go 10-6 and make the playoffs. This will require a NFC East road win and a west coast road win to do so.

False- They got that west coast road win against the Raiders…unfortunately they didn’t win a NFC East road game…or a home one!

Brian Orakpo will be the NFL Defensive ROY.

False- However, he was an impact player and you could have made the argument that he should have won it.

Andre Woodson will be released from the practice squad by the end of week 4.

False- He made it until late November, but he was still released.

Jeff Garcia will be signed to the active roster.

False- This was a long shot, the Eagles did sign him for a couple weeks.

After a couple of big TD’s early in the season, Malcolm Kelly will get injured and miss the last 8-10 games.

False- he stayed healthy and still hasn’t scored a NFL touchdown.

Devin Thomas will have little impact in the passing game (maybe some on special teams.)

True- Overall he had little impact at WR and showed some promise on kick returns.

Marko Mitchell will catch 30+ balls.

False- I was high on Marko coming out of the pre-season, he didn’t see much action and caught 4 balls.

London Fletcher will make his first Pro Bowl.

False- He played well enough, but got the shaft again.

Carlos Rogers will match or exceed his career total of 5 INT’s this season. He will leave after the season via free agency.

False- The 2nd half could still hopefully come true, as I hope that it will…he caught ZERO interceptions.

Fred Davis will have 1 game this season where he goes off…he’ll then disappear and probably catch fewer passes than Yoder.

False- Fred Davis played well and went off a few times after Cooley went on IR. Props to Yoder for 3 TD’s.

Marcus Mason will see more and more playing time as the year goes on… and he’ll finish with over 250 yards rushing.

True and False- He did see more and more action but finished with only 127 yds rushing.

Clinton Portis will rush for 1000-1200 yards in his last season for the Redskins.

False- If Portis would have stayed healthy he would have found his way to 1,000+ and if my aunt had nuts she’d be my uncle. His return is up in the air.

Also the last season in a Redskin’s uniform for Smoot, Wynn, Griffin, Collins, Betts, Albright, Thomas and Randle El.

TBD- I would welcome back Griffin and Albright.

Zorn will survive this season and be back for 2010.

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

I will drink many beers, jump up and down, yell and scream, throw things and possibly shed tears this season (happy ones.)

True- But this was a given.

Cheers and Hail

No comments: