Thursday, May 14, 2009
Happy Anniversary To The Danny
10 years ago this month we met the new owner of the Washington Redskins. He was 34 years old, wearing a Redskin's belt buckle and a burgundy and gold tie. He was also wearing a smile that no one could wipe away.
What a difference 10 years makes! Some highlights from the interview.
* Obviously he loves the Redskins. Skins belt buckle, burgundy and gold tie, and the reason for buying the Skins, "I love the Redskins."
* 10 years ago Dan Rooney and the other old school owners thought Dan was awesome and gave him a standing ovation when his approval was announced. Now...not so much.
* Mr. Snyder is a "team player."
* #1 priority day 1, "to get the Redskins back where they belong." I'm assuming this meant the Super Bowl, not 8-8.
* Was afraid he was going to wake up any minute and find out he's not the owner of the Skins. I've spent the past 10 years hoping I was going to wake up and find out he's not the owner of the Skins!
* "We are not going to sit around idle, we are action takers." Who is the we? Does he have a mouse in his pocket? Or maybe he has a mini-me? Or maybe he's the mini me?
* The rumors of finding "sexy" names to become members of the Redskins organization started from day 1...Don Shula?
I hope to see Dan being interviewed soon with a Super Bowl Champion hat on and a smile from ear to ear. Happy Anniversary!
Cheers and Hail